Re: [NTLK] Ata memory question !

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 07:44:52 PST

Oops, apparently I forgot to reply to this:

À (At) 20:34 -0500 21/1/03, Carlos D. Santiago écrivait (wrote) :
>newbie question?
>
>I'm considering trying this and ask if you can back up to a mac [albeit
>slower]? could you restore such a backup as an image to the the ata?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

You can make a disk image out of a Newton partitioned ATA card on a
laptop and then restore it (on the laptop as well). Some users had
big problems when doing so with linear cards.

But you cannot use a NCU backup and restore it to an ATA card
inserted in a laptop. And you cannot backup to ATA cards on the
Newton yet without a third party software. I'm considering shipping
this feature with 1.0.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/