[NTLK] Help! - Bad Package?

From: Brian McMillan (brianmcmillan_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 17:46:33 PST

I have a 32 MB ATA compact flash card with ~ 8MB of content on two
partitions and I am using RC4 of the ATA driver software on a MP2100.
The problem is that when the card is mounted and begins to load
packages, it appears that one of the packages causes the Newt to crash
and it resets and starts over. Here is what I have done:
- Restarted without the CF card (OK)
- Restart w/ partition 2 packages on (OK)
- Restarted w/ CF card extensions off (OK)
- Power drain restart w/ CF Card (Crash)
- Deep Reset w/ CF card (Crash)

I *Really* don't want to repartition this card and start over. It looks
like if I could remove the offending package(s), I could at least get
another back up of my Notes Soup. As an alternative, does anyone have
any ideas on how I could pull that one soup off?

Thanks in advance,
~ Brian McMillan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html