[NTLK] Cadenza help needed

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 18:04:00 PST

Hi folks-

Good news about my dead Newt 2000u - it isn't! Turns out I didn't follow Frank's reset instructions to the letter - after I let the unit drain without power, I put in some half-used alkalines. Apparently, that was a half-baked attempt; not enough of a jump start.

If there are any Cadenza power users out there, I'm need some help getting past some error messages on the Newton.

After installing Cadenza, I got the following messages:

"An error ocurred activating the package "CadenzaCore." It may not work with this system. Contact software publisher for further information. (Part O, Type auto)"

"Cadenza Config Error - Owner Info Lotus Notes e-mail address is missing. "

"Cadenza Connect - Cadenza setup is incomplete. Ensure you have entered valid Cadenza server information in your Owner Info."

I get the first two messages on each restart. I created a new Internet setup, with barely any information, and that seemed to get rid of the third message on restart. But I have no illusions that the Internet setup really fixed anything.

Can anyone help with this? I should probably straighten this out on my Newton before I approach my IT guys about installing Cadenza on my PC at work,

Thanks-

-Seth

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html