[NTLK] Followup to Houston Chronicle Story

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 06:41:16 PST

Anyone see this? (Use the link shown here. The link from the original story is broken)

"Instead, I'm replacing the Newton. I'm sure Apple zealots will squawk predictably, but handheld computing -- while certainly an important trend -- has not yet become as big a factor in home computing. It's made more inroads into business computing. Cellular phones -- with their ability to store phone numbers, addresses and other personal data -- seem to be the personal digital assistants of choice for most home users.

With that, here's my revised list, thanks to the input of readers worldwide:

10. Osborne I; 9. PCs Limited Turbo; 8. Tandy Sensation; 7. Commodore Amiga A1000; 6. Commodore 64; 5. MITS Altair 8800; 4. Apple II; 3. Apple Macintosh; 2. IBM PC 5150; 1. Compaq Portable PC."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/tech/weekly/2274196

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html