Re: [NTLK] Thoughts on using the newton for large creative projects...

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 23:40:33 PST

On Dec 18, 2003, at 13:28, RAParker wrote:

> but I just cant seem to break my habit of going "Down and to the Left."

After a tip on this list to do 'up and right' for forward slashes I get
fantastic recognition, I like it so much I've found myself doing it on
paper too!

 From years of programming (and my original problems with slash) I use a
backslash for expansions. e.g. '\n' for carriage return, '\t' for tab.
Opening and closing quotes are 'qw' and 'QW', from Perl's "quote words"
function.

And another vote for BBEdit and Hilite2k, both on my 'essentials' list.
 From Way Wong's Bytesized software:

http://home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize.html

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html