Re: [NTLK] Internal Bluetooth

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 10:21:28 PST

Eckhart,

I'm curious, what available connections/connection types are there
available inside the Newton? Did the Newton team actually plan for
additional capabilities to the hardware platform? From everything I've
seen so far, there isn't a whole lot of room in there for add-ons...

I'm not pretending to understand hardware, but does the Newton have a
UART chip internally (which I would think to be able to use serial), and
if so is this a potential access point for the Bluetooth module?

The whole Newton experience is simply amazing, every day I shake my head
at what you and the other dedicated developers due to not just keep up
with technological advances, but really define and shape what's out
there into applicable solutions, all based on the Newton. It's very
inspiring, human spirit at it's finest.

Thanks for all that you've done and what you continue to do,

Paul Curtis

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:32:20 +0100, peter.prinzen_at_xon.de wrote:
> Looks quite interesting, what is the price of such a Module?

Most of them are around $60 for single orders. With bulk orders, the
price can come down to $10.

> Is there
> already
> someproject in progress, similiar to ther ser01?

Somebody is looking into this, and I will probably also start hacking
next year. I won't be able to provide something finished but will post
instructions how it works (if it works).

Eckhart

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all
inquiries List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html