Re: [NTLK] The Fish - Bugs & Features (was Re: Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 12:03:27 PST

RAParker wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 9:03 AM, Eckhart Köppen wrote:
>
>>I'm only concerned when
>>somebody has some negative experiences with my software and then
>>doesn't let me know.
>

> I tried The Fish a couple times on my MP120v2.0 and both times,
> unencrypting caused instability. Installation and encryption would go
> fine but, after the initial encryption, instability (with the
> encrypted note and The Fish in general) was the norm.

There is actually a security bug in The Fish. I just remembered it and filed
a bug report for it:

http://lin.kz/?3cpi5

Basicially, if you're editing a password from a password list, you can close
Notes or power off and power on the Newton and the edit window will still be
open with the unencrypted data, even though the unencrypted copy in Notes has
been deleted.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html