Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 11:16:11 PST

On 16-dec-03, at 18:10, Eckhart Köppen wrote:
>> Apart from that, I have a t68i with a Bluetooth headset and a
>> Bluetooth
>> USB 'dongle' for my Cube but no card for the Newt yet, guess I'll
>> start
>> looking come January.
> You might want to pick up one of the cheap (~30 euros) PICO cards from
> ebay Germany.

Cool, I thought they would be much more expensive!

>> Just wondering what I will be able to do with it
>> though, already have a Wifi card (which is faster I presume)
> I do not notice that much of a difference, the applications on the
> Newton are more the limiting factor. MP3 streaming might however be
> difficult.

You just really surprised me there, is Bluetooth about as fast as en
Ethernet connection (which Wifi basically is, isn't it?)

>> so what advantages will it have apart form the (much appreciated ;-)
>> added geek
>> factor?
> I like it mostly for sending stuff back and forth, as well as the lower
> power consumption. And I now only need one card for network
> connectivity, no matter where I am (using the desktop or the cell phone
> to get on the net).

And lower power consumption on top of that, I start to see why you
busted your balls for this.

Newtie award stuff if you ask me, which brings me to Rich who recently
announced the return of the yearly Newties but I don't see anything on
the frontpage of This Old Newt, coming soon?

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html