Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 20:17:25 PST

on 15/12/03 22:32, Peter H. Coffin at hellsop_at_ninehells.com wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 09:43:17PM -0500, David Deranian wrote:
>> This post is a few weeks old from Eckhart but I have to respond. Now,
>> either I'm a weirdo, or the people on this list are half asleep. In my
>> opinion, Blunt could be the next killer app for Newton.
>
> In my case, a complete lack of enthusiasm stems from a complete lack of
> any bluetooth gear whatsoever. So, regardless of how killer it may be,
> it won't affect my world for the foreseeable future.

Same for me, unfortunately. I'm glad that Eckhart is doing all that work.
Believe me, there is a lot of heavy work involved. My hat off to you,
Eckhart! But, I have no Bluetooth-enabled device so far. I have no computer
with Bluetooth capability and no other device, be it a cellphone or
otherwise...

I'm sure that some people will be pretty happy, though!

-Laurent.

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a
program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the
`reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover
believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is
already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is
not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies
are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or
execution speed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html