Re: [NTLK] Some Mid-Grade User Questions

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 08:41:28 PST

Hi Joey,

At 16:26 15/12/2003, you wrote:
>3. I have 2 Newts. One is an MP 2000, which was upgraded through J&K
>Sales. Runs GREAT, but is a little worn. My other MP is a NEW MP 2100,
>which has never been used. So, my question is this. If you had this
>scenario, how would you utilize the MP's. Should I use the 2100 and store
>the 2000U, or vice a versa? Or, utilize the 2100 and sell the 2000U? Or
>if you have a different thought please advise.

It's worth bearing in mind that functionally both of your machines are the
same. Apart from the slight differences on the case, the RAM size in the
only thing that separates the MP2100 and the MP2000. Upgrading the MP2000
makes it into an MP2100 as far as function goes.

I'd be tempted to keep the MP2100 as clean as possible and drive the
MP2000U. My own MP2000U was very shabby when I bought it but the screen is
in great shape and it's practically bomb proof.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html