Re: [NTLK] Newton compatible router

From: ADyson (ADyson_at_go.to)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 16:24:55 PST

I do believe that's what I said!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael J. Hußmann" <michael_at_michael-hussmann.de>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton compatible router

ADyson (ADyson_at_go.to) wrote:

> Your problem is similar to mine. The Newton doesn't support Appletalk over
> TCP/IP and your router doesn't support Appletalk via the wireless
> connection.

Oh, it does. I have a Netgear MR814v2 myself and had no trouble
connecting wirelessly from my eMate (with a Lucent WLAN card from a dead
AirPort base station) to my iBook (with an AirPort card). The router does
route AppleTalk within both the WLAN and the ethernet network, only it
doesn't bridge between the two networks. NCU communicates with the Newton
both via ethernet and via WLAN, but not from WLAN to ethernet or vice-versa.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de