Re: [NTLK] eBay items

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 05:52:46 PST

>From: "Humphreys, David (URB)" <david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] eBay items
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:51:32 -0700
>
>Mr. Ozguner,
>
>A quick check of spot prices for batteries on the net reveals:
>
>2300mAH ~$2/cell and 2000mAH ~$1.30/cell.
>
>That's around $8 for batteries. Now lets assume $30/hr for your time.(Please
>don't tell me it takes 3hrs. Anything over
>an hour is YOUR time).
>And add $2 for other materials.
>
>That's $40. Your cheapest refurb costs $75. $35 OVER.

Dear David,

I respect your criticism of some of Mr Ozguner's business practices.
Howerver, I do not agree with your math regarding the cost of a refurbished battery.

When you do your calculation, you are neglecting the cost of the old battery "corpses" that are needed.
I have sold Mr. Ozguner some of these in the past, so I know that he is not getting them for free.

Eric

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html