Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 22:51:31 PST

Peter,

Thanks for the input.

1. I tried the plain serial setting in NCU with the same result.
2. I'll have to do some digging in the hardware settings to find out
what is using the Comm3 address, but I'll try that.
3. I've seen mention of the slow down utility, what's it's program name?
And is this to slow the processor or the transactions through the serial
port?
4. My MP 120 came from Newton with 2.0 installed, I guess this is not
normally the case as many people have assumed that I'm running 1.3.

Paul Curtis
MP 120 (2.0)/130 (2.0)/2100

Peter wrote =
OK,
Comm1 is set to 9600,8,n,1 - flow control none, FIFO is disabled on my
laptop. I restarted the laptop, shut done the MP 120. With a fresh
instance of XP running I fired up NCU and made sure that Comm1 was
selected. The laptop and the Newton are connected already. I turned on
the MP 120 and tapped extras, tapped connection, made sure that "Serial
-------------------
I think a list member earlier did suggest NCK instead of NCU! also
whenever I connect with my MP2100 I set it to serial ONLY and my NCU to
38000 with 1 slow down installed & I'm using Win 98 se with a Belkin
F5U103 usb ! Also try using the various serial settings on your Newton
like the faq suggests & try Com port 3 on your win xP I do! hope that
helps! Gotta go & pick up my girlfriend from work now & well check later
to see if this did the trick! Remember NCU=os2.0 & NCK= anything lower
if I remember correctly! sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all
inquiries List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html