Re: [NTLK] my Newt just experienced a hiccup of the most painful variety

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 11:27:53 PST

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:52:32 +0100, Paul Guyot wrote:
> but as in there is no bug in Courier
> that can trigger the -10606 on its own.

Paul, thanks for your further explanations. Just to make sure, Courier
uses VBOs as the storage for the protoTXView, and I am trying to use
them as reasonable as possible. But the particular combination of VBOs
and protoTXView seems at least a bit "underdocumented" and I've seen
some strange behaviour before (such as redraws not working system wide
after feeding corrupt data to a protoTXView). Would it be possible that
the Newton engineers were using some undocumented features or shortcuts
when implementing protoTXView?

Eckhart

PS: Nathan mentioned that Courier warned about low memory in previous
situations (it does that for NS heap only), meaning that the amount of
VBO data was probably around 100-300k.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html