Re: [NTLK] [Fwd: Battering Ram]

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 15:27:38 PDT

Il me semble que le 31/08/03 à 14:19 -0700, Richard Connamacher nous racontait:
>It's been going a few hours now, I had a long PIN so it might take a while.

Er. A 5 digits code takes an average of 6 seconds to be cracked with
a brute force and non native code on a MP2K1. Few hours means at
least two, so your code should be 9 digits long (for 16 hours of
average processing time).

>And even though it had been dead for seven years, it still retained all
>the information I had in it. I thought that it must have been surely
>lost, since I thought it relies on the battery to keep the contents of
>RAM alive, but I must have been wrong.

Indeed, information such as the password are stored in Flash memory,
some kind of memory that doesn't need a battery to be kept.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/