[NTLK] Modem Connection Probs

From: Matthias M. Edrich (Matthias.Edrich_at_Sun.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:31:37 PDT

Newton 2100

Hi!

I have a problem with Internet Setup and dialing up
to the internet via my Modem. I forget what brand
my modem is (however, it's one of the popular
newton modems).

I can dial up to my provider, but when the internet
connection slip says "Connecting to the internet",
my newton does nothing for a while, then displays
a quick note saying something about "disconnecting"
and then closes that window. I cannot see exactly
why the newton is disconnecting as the window
closes so quickly.

My modem does dial and I can hear it handshaking with
the modem pool, however, it can't seem to complete the
connection.

Any suggestions? Is there anyway to see a console
view of what the modem is doing? Or see specifics
on each step which the modem is going through.

My provider is a simple PPP provider. I get
the phone number, dns names. It works well
with my mac os machines.

HELPP!!! :-)

- matthias
sun microsytems