Re: [NTLK] Problem with 3Com Ethernet Card

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 12:54:10 PDT

Il me semble que le 24/08/03 à 14:50 -0500, Smith Family nous racontait:
>I have a 3Com 3CXE589DT Ethernet card. I went to chuma.org, downloaded the
>packages, installed them, etc. and got the card set up on my Newt. The
>problem is, whenever I insert the card, a green light goes on at the end by
>the X-Jack, stays on for maybe 5 seconds or so, then goes off. When I had
>this connected to my hub, the Link Integrity light for that port was only on
>during that time. Am I doing something wrong? I will post pictures of the
>card if needed.

I don't have a 3Com card, but I don't think you're doing anything
wrong. When you insert the card, the Newton powers it on to know
about it. Then the card handler (Lantern, aka Newton Devices) tells
the system it no longer needs to access the card and finally the
system powers it down after a timeout (which is probably around 5
seconds).

Whenever you'll need the card (i.e. to connect to a network), it will
be powered on and the light will come back.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/