[NTLK] Problem with 3Com Ethernet Card

From: Smith Family (smithrus_at_hutchtel.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 12:50:16 PDT

I have a 3Com 3CXE589DT Ethernet card. I went to chuma.org, downloaded the
packages, installed them, etc. and got the card set up on my Newt. The
problem is, whenever I insert the card, a green light goes on at the end by
the X-Jack, stays on for maybe 5 seconds or so, then goes off. When I had
this connected to my hub, the Link Integrity light for that port was only on
during that time. Am I doing something wrong? I will post pictures of the
card if needed.

Colin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html