Re: [NTLK] OT lack of Apple recognition WAS Connecting to a G4

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 07:13:58 PDT

FireWire history (the Cliff Notes version)

Apple invents FireWire
Apple presents FireWire to IEEE as a standard
IEEE ratifies FireWire as global standard
FireWire adopted globally
Sony marketspeak translates the word "FireWire" to "iLink"
IEEE reestablishes "FireWire" as THE ONLY name to use
FireWire discussed OT in NTLK
Apple doubted as FireWire creator
Apple history corrected yet again

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html