[NTLK] Soldering additional 2 MB in eMate?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 05:35:24 PDT

Hello all,

First, thanks to everyone who replied to my question on this cable I
wasn't accustomed to.

I was wondering. Did anyone try to solder 2 MB of Flash in the eMate
next to the original 2 MB?

http://www.kallisys.net/ensemble.jpg
http://www.kallisys.net/detail.jpg

I think the OS would recognize the additional chip if soldered on U9.
I just don't know where to find Intel's LH28F016 chips and even if I
knew, I definitely do not have sufficient soldering skills (note that
it's harder than the MP2K upgrade, something I'm not even capable of
doing, i.e. than replacing DRAM, I think the two Toshiba on the
detailed picture are the eMate's RAM, the pins are bigger).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/