[NTLK] eMate hinges & class-action?

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 01:31:45 PDT

Out of sheer curiosity, could anything worthwhile be gained from a
class-action lawsuit concerning eMate hinge springs? Perhaps like
something other than a $25 gift certificate at the Apple Store?

One snapped on me two days ago and a millimeter's worth of metal landed on
my eMate's circuit board, causing a short and literally catching a
capacitor on fire. Had I not flipped out, I would have actually enjoyed
watching the cool whitish glow flicker away through the translucent case.

Fortunately after replacement of the capacitor and a lot of testing, I
have the unit running again. This time I put duct tape under the springs
to catch anything that might fall (and already I believe I heard another
"snap").

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html