Re: [NTLK] Suggestions on 802.11b WiFI Cards?

From: Jonathan Hill (jonathan.m.hill_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 17:21:58 PDT

Hi Mick,

Could you tell me if the wireless card that you have is the Orinoco
"Classic" Silver card, or is it simply the Orinoco Silver card?

Proxim, which seems to have bought out the Orinoco product line from Lucent,
makes a distinction between cards with and without the "classic"
nomenclature. Some devices do not support the Orinoco Gold PC Card, but do
support Orinoco "classic" Gold PC Cards- which may be my entire problem!! I
purchased the non-classic version.

Thanks for any info that you can give me.

Regards,

Jon