Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 0.1 (Web browser)

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 22:10:12 PDT

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:39:24 -0700, RossO wrote:
> IMHO, Eckhart should have Courier ignore: FONT, TABLE, TR and TD as
> well as CSS and other 'styling' things.

You can see the logic behind Courier in the file ToxAdapter.cp in the
ntox sources. It turns all of the horizontal whitespace (tables etc)
into vertial whitespace (newlines).

> Of course part of that is so that it doesn't blow my MP2000's heap... :)

There is still one problem in Courier, and that is caching the rendered
page. This might take up a significant amount of heap. I'm going to
implement a preference setting for this to avoid running out of memory.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html