Re: [NTLK] GPS Map library

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 03:39:41 PDT

i will try to get my GPS receiver first, then i will scan the whole=20
stockholm archipelago and see if i can vectorize the map and make it=20
work properly in GPS Map. a possible source of error in your case might=20=

be the chart projection (gauss/mercator) or simply the chart datum.=20
also, the regular gauss map requires at least nine (yes, that is 9)=20
calibration points, AFAIK. did you follow the instructions at=20
http://www.segelflug.de/gps/ ?

see the map support link
http://www.segelflug.de/gps/Maps_e.html

and download the map making software and instructions from:
http://www.segelflug.de/gps/mpsmac.sit for MAC
or
http://www.segelflug.de/gps/mpswin.zip for PC

with a program such as GSM Map, it should be possible to zoom your=20
position on a vectorized map with the arrows in the newton menu bar,=20
which is way cool. an other nifty feature for vectorized maps is of=20
course the decreased storage requirements, which always come in handy.

if there are many interested, we could host a special Newton GPS=20
section at my server. im open for suggestions.

/ =AE

> Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:31:29 -0500
> From: Gregory Sahli <sahlgre_at_iit.edu>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] GPS Map library
>
> Hi, Roman, Philip, others -
>
> I've asked this before, but didn't really get any answers. Can someone
> please put together some better instructions for how to make maps for
> GPS Map & Lite? I tried to make a map before, and wanted to buy GPS =
Map

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html