Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 23:20:01 PDT

You've got to connect via _appletalk_ not serial. Appletalk is over
serial yes, but you dont pick serial on the newt. You pick appletalk.
You must have your appletalk prefs set up on your imac, and your file
sharing prefs. If you dont know how to set up file sharing over
appletalk, use the AppleGuide (built in on your imac). Step by step
instructions there. Once you've set up file sharing and your
appletalk prefs, just dock your newt via appletalk using the serial
cable, and you should be set.

I plug in the serial cable, start up the iMac, start up the Newt, tell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html