[NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 16:13:08 PDT

Hello everyone,

I searched the archives high and low, but couldn't seem to find
anything the specifically sounded like my situation, so here goes.

I have a MP130, the obligatory 8-pin serial cord (free courtesy of my
local Apple store after they saw my Newt in hand), and a Bondi iMac
with a built in serial port.

I've downloaded and installed NCU, followed the helpful step-by-step
instructions provided several times in the archives for merging Palm
data and importing it to the Newt (I had a lot of important stuff on my
Visor before it died).

The iMac is running OS 9.2 and has Palm Desktop 2.6.

I plug in the serial cable, start up the iMac, start up the Newt, tell
the Newt to connect via the serial cord after I've started NCU and
everytime I get the same message on my Newt; "The connection was
stopped because there was no response."

NCU at the same time, from start up says at the bottom "Please set your
connection preferences." I would assume that it would mean "Hey you
idiot, set the preference to serial" but I'm stumped since I only have
the option of Appletalk or internal modem. Huh?

I'm not an idiot, but I am overlooking something.

Can anyone help me out a bit?

Thanks!

Jerry Fisher

We all may be laying in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at
the stars.

Oscar Wilde

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html