Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL / Escale

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 12:53:59 PDT

My experiences with Escale so far:

- Installed Escale and fired up without a problem, wanted to use
AppleTalk so didn't install anything extra.

Dock finds my computer running Escale but doesn't give the computer's
name but I can still select and connect. (by selecting the 'empty' top
line in the 'Select a Mac OS computer' window)

The actual connection seems fine and Escale sees the name of my Newt.

Browsing to a package in Dock works very fast, but if I actually
install Escale crashes and the package doesn't make it into my Newton.
(though the progress bar seems to make it all the way just before the
crash) the File Info option works fine.

- Keyboard input works fine but very slow, suggesting that AppleTalk
doesn't get up to the speed it should, or should I have set a speed in
the prefs? (I understood that that was only for serial)

it connects (BTW, for people behind routers, took me a moment to figure
that I had to look up the IP Address the router assigned to my Computer
which you can find in the Network Prefs) but nothing else, I click
install on Escale or in the Dock on my Newt and absolutely happens.
File Info doesn't do anything and keyboard also doesn't give any
results so far.

Haven't tries the Synching yet, would like to see some installs before
I go there, even with backups ;-)

Very curious to comments/solutions from Paul or Nicholas. (or anybody
else of course)

Robert Benschop

P.S.
Paul, guess I've broken the spell, first thing ever that I'm testing
for you that doesn't work ;-)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html