Re: [NTLK] Newton...still amazing.

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 16:35:34 PDT

Well, they're on UNNA.

http://philly.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/

UserInterfaceGuidelinesOS2.0.pdf

If you meant that to mean that MS employees wouldn't be able to find them,
surely more than one person at MS knows that the Newton existed and surely
at least one of those people knows how Apple has been publishing UI
Guidelines for their UIs for years. It wouldn't take that much searching to
find that file. In fact, I found it before I found UNNA or this list, for
that matter.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it was Apple that made them available
or someone else. Apple probably did, otherwise they would have sued UNNA or
something to remove them.

As for the PalmOS UI Guidelines, they're here:

http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/ui/UIGuide_Front.html

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html