[NTLK] Newton...still amazing.

From: E. Male (mrramsay_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 06:33:45 PDT

It's amazing to me how newcomers to the Newton think it's the latest PDA out
on the market. I got a good chuckle when another engineer walked into my
office, saw my 2100 on its back with the stock stylus sticking straight up
out of its holder (thinking antenna), and thought it was some sort of new
wireless PDA, he loved the built-in recording capability :). I then, told
him it has long been discontinued, but gave him a demo (recording, HWR,
memory and PCMCIA comm capabilities - all built in, as well as a quick visit
to the NPDS Tracker). His comment...the device was way before its time.

(Newton rules!)

Doug
Newtonium-62: The Newton Messagepad Nanospace
http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html