Re: [NTLK] Prelimbinaries/Escale Help

From: Technoir Support (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:49:21 PDT

On Mardi, avril 15, 2003, at 09:05 PM, Will Ross wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 02:54 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
>> Something else: ensure that the Newton will use your Ethernet card
>> for AppleTalk. This is in Prefs, under AppleTalk.
> Check
>
> OK, Now I can connect with Delivery and Escale. With Delivery, I get a
> blank screen, which is normal. With Escale, I get three icons, one of
> them is "load Package". I tap this and I select alt.rec to try to load,
> and Escale crashes. It does this all of the time. Sometimes the Newt
> gives me a -4 error. I searched the errors database for it and nothing
> came up. Delivery now just freezes the newt. Connecting takes place on
> all protocols now. Thanks so far!
> -Will

yesss, i have a similar problem. i can connect with Appletalk, but
nothing works. =/ the keyboard server appears to start, but every key
press gives my system alert sound. also i cannot install packages, it
begins but just remains with a n empty progress bar. and the Sync did
not seem to do anything... i tried via TCP/IP as well. the Newton's
chooser spots the Mac, but then "Cannot Reach the server". my firewall
is not active. my IP is set manually. Delivery would not work over TCP
either, but it did work with AppleTalk.
that said, there seems to be plenty of potential for Escale, and i
thank you very gentlemen for the hard work.

scotty t

ps i am running 10.2.5

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html