Re: [NTLK] Is this newton dead?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 00:14:41 PDT

I had a similar case in the past:
it was a brand new (in terms of unused) MP2100 (laying for years in the
store)and it showed exactly the same behaviour:
it started and short time after it shut down again.
Because there was no data on it I tried the brain wipe (deep reset)with the
result that I reached the introduction screen, put in some personal data and
all of the sudden it shut down again.
I was able to repeat this procedure several times having it stopped in
different situations but still within the getting started-dialogues.
Finally I was able to clear the problem by exchanging the ROM-card with
another one and later placing the original one back.
This is the one and only way I know and I have proven in order to clear the
COMPLETE memory in your Newt.
This means especially those memory areas where the system patches are
reside.
This area is left undeleted during a brain wipe.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html