Re: [NTLK] Is this newton dead?

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 14:58:13 PDT

Victor

I'm having the same problems as Christian. I attempted the power drain
reset but I'm not getting the result I'm looking for. I left the machine
without cards or batteries overnight. After pressing the reset button the
splash screen starts momentarily and then the machine goes dead again. A
moment later the splash screen displays again and then dies. It seems to
cycle through this once every second for about twenty seconds before dying
altogether.

It has been a week since I backed up and that has just occurred to me that I
haven't written down my registration number for Moreinfo anywhere so even if
the machine is dead I would still like to retrieve information from it.

Any assistance regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tony.