[NTLK] Newbie connection question

From: Coffee Girl (coffeegirl_at_nysleepdoc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 15:06:42 PDT

Hello all and thanks in advance for any and all help,

I just received the Keyspan serial adapter so that I can connect my
Newton 130 to my powerbook. I installed the OS X drivers but I
can't seem to get the Newton to connect to NCU in Classic mode. NCU
says that I need to set my connection preferences and they are
currently set (on the Newton) for serial port. I found the port
settings through Keyspan assistant but I can't seem to find where
they go on the Newton.

For some background, I've been using my Newton 130 for years with a
PC. My PC died and I switched to Mac. However, my NCU for the PC
didn't make the transition. I'm using OS X 10.2.3 and I'd like to
make the initial connection with NCU ( which is installed) before I
start to use newtsync since I have no backup of my files.

Thanks again.

Coffeegirl

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html