Re: [NTLK] Use CompactFlash or SmartMedia cards?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 12:10:21 PDT

On 27/09/02 14:59, "Sean McGroty" <smcgroty_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Should I use CompactFlash or SmartMedia cards? Overall, prices are
> roughly similar, so I want to decide on overall speed and life
> expectancy. (I believe CF and SM cards have a finite number of times
> one can write to them). Which of these two is the better choice?
>
> Also, I use VoiceNotes to record my classes. Can I archive or play the
> recordings on my desktop?

You could have a look at BinHexer from Prism Research, although I know that
VoiceNotes uses a proprietary soup to save recordings.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."