Re: [NTLK] Future 2100 owner?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 12:07:46 PDT

On 27/09/02 14:38, "Victor Rehorst" <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
[snip!]
>> I have a 120 (which I think is severely limited). Since I may not get a
>> dongle, can I use the 120 to beam the wireless drivers to the 2x00? I have a
>> wireless home network with machines running Win 2000 and OS 9. So I hope to
>> be able to do everything via wireless. I also have a Kanga PowerBook, so I
>> might be able to beam from that.
>
> You can't beam the drivers from a 120, because the drivers will refuse to
> install on a 120 (they require OS 2.1).
>
> I don't know what a Kanga PowerBook is... is that a Mac? Codename or
> something?

Kanga is the codename for the first PowerBook G3 AKA 3500, since it has the
same form factor than the 3400. AFAIR, the Kanga doesn't support IrDA so the
original poster won't be able to use it to beam to its 2100.

-Laurent.

guru meditation n.: Amiga equivalent of `panic' in Unix (sometimes just
called a `guru' or `guru event'). When the system crashes, a cryptic message
of the form "GURU MEDITATION #XXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYY" may appear, indicating what
the problem was. An Amiga guru can figure things out from the numbers.
Sometimes a guru event must be followed by a Vulcan nerve pinch.