[NTLK] Gremlins

From: Jason Knight (burningchrome98_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 05:45:02 PDT

I have two problems I'm hoping someone on the list has had before (so I
don't think I'm mad). One problem is strange, one not so strange. First I
downloaded and installed the wireless driver for my D-Link card. It works
beautifully. The only problem is that when I try to get to unna.org I get
the "notbsd.org" page. I thought it was a dns problem but all my other
devices on the airport I am connecting to the net from don't have this
problem. I thought it was a typo so I tried to google my way to unna. No
such luck. I didn't read anywhere that the driver was crippled so that you
could only visit certain sights until you registered, so I'm left to
thinking there is something very wrong with my 2100 newt or it is the
idiot holding it.
Second problem is not as interesting, I try to install certain packages
and they dont' show up in NCU. They are there in the finder and to every
other file viewing utility I have but I cannot see in them in NCU to click
on and install them. I tried via nethopper but all I got was garbage
across the screen and no options on installing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated as it will reaffirm my sanity.

-J