Re: [NTLK] Ramblings and Wishes

From: Dave Bonhoff (gtidave_at_golden.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 11:11:19 PDT

On Fri, Sep 13 2002 Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:
*One thought that just came to mind: how are you routing to the Internet
*from your local network? Are you always on the same network when this
*problem occurs, or have you experienced the same problem from different
*networks? Maybe this can be solved by changing an MTU value in your router?

At home, I connect using either Wifi to ABS or ethernet to switch to ABS. At work, I use any port that is open to connect to the network.

I spoke with Tech Suppout @ my ISP. They figure my Newt is choking on an email which is causing a "POP lock-up". Either I call them and get them to f=ECx it, or I wait until I get home and can download my mail to my Powerbook... Which somehow magically clears the problem!

Neither are really satisfactory solutions. They of course had no idea what a Newt is and tried to blame it all on my "slow palm pilot"!

Which PTIOO client do you suggest? Preferably something easy as I have never used a Telnet client before.

Thanks again!
Dave
From my Newton 2000U. Ink Different!