Re: [NTLK] iCal <--> Dates app possibilities

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 07:58:07 PDT

according to the guy demoing ical and isync at seybold, there will be
an open api for isync, once it's reached release. they plan to go into
open beta at the end of the month.

there's no information on the free developer account i have. perhaps
someone with a real developer account can check to see if there are any
isync-related downloads?

ttm

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 04:52 AM, Simon Roberts wrote:

> On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 01:24 pm, Sean Luke wrote:
>
>> Given that I'm a NeXTSTEP developer who also does Newton stuff, I
>> figure that *if* iCal has an open protocol, it's feasible to do a sync
>> between the two. But I don't know enough about the data formats of
>> either program, nor the transfer protocols on the machines. Anyone
>> want to suggest approaches to writing such a beast?
>
> I think the best approach would be to wait until the SyncML based iSync
> is out and hope that Apple releases the necessary information to make a
> plugin to support the Newton. I wouldn't rule out a point solution for
> iCal but the potential rewards of full SyncML compatibility mean that
> it is IMHO worth waiting a little.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

******
"I am, straight up, discontented." -- Matt Procida