Re: [NTLK] iCal <--> Dates app possibilities

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 04:52:32 PDT

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 01:24 pm, Sean Luke wrote:

> Given that I'm a NeXTSTEP developer who also does Newton stuff, I
> figure that *if* iCal has an open protocol, it's feasible to do a sync
> between the two. But I don't know enough about the data formats of
> either program, nor the transfer protocols on the machines. Anyone
> want to suggest approaches to writing such a beast?

I think the best approach would be to wait until the SyncML based iSync
is out and hope that Apple releases the necessary information to make a
plugin to support the Newton. I wouldn't rule out a point solution for
iCal but the potential rewards of full SyncML compatibility mean that
it is IMHO worth waiting a little.

Regards,

Simon