[NTLK] Flakey Keyboard help, please

From: newton_at_7thfloormedia.com
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 22:43:47 PDT

Hello fellow newtontalkers.

I've been following the list for about 6 months now, starting with the
purchase of a 2100u, and have a problem that would benefit from greater
minds than mine (admittedly, that is a large gene pool!).

I just acquired a keyboard that was not 100% (mini DIN-9 cable resoldered
to the keyboard connector) and had it working for a few glorious moments
after some repair work. However, the keyboard refused to work again after
the newt went to sleep, and has failed to do so on all subsequent attempts.

I've done all the obvious: reset, plugged and unplugged the newt with
interconnect dongle plugged and unplugged, but no luck, set the carret in
Notes and Works.

I've also tested the keyboard on a Mac using Zterm and it will spit out
it's special newt kbd identifier: d_id kybdapplnofm]g

I was also able to get sloup to see it, and it when I used the keyboard
connected via sloup, the keys were passing data.

I'm guessing that the newt cable (and/or the dongle) are not 100% so that
the keyboard identity is not being passed to the newt. Obviously, it is
working with simple serial connections, and could probably be used with
proper drivers on other devices such as Palm, Zaurus, etc.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for any help/clues.

blair

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com