Re: [NTLK] Ramblings and Wishes

From: Dave Bonhoff (gtidave_at_golden.net)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 09:58:19 PDT

*I have many many packages installed on a 32 and 20 meg card. Do you
*keep packages you are not using frozen? This is crucial to avoid the
*'61 error in my experience.

Probaby not as many as I could. I'll experiment with that.

*If you do keep everything frozen, are you using Avi's backdrop or
*similar to free up as much heap as possible? (freezing apps also
*frees up lots of heap, too, another reason to o it). With all the
*stuff I keep loaded, I still have 359 heap free per Avi's backdrop;
*this seems to be a very functional amount to keep available.

I am using The latest revision Of Avi's backdrop, 1.31. Now that I've dissabled recent apps it is much better!

*It "should" be pretty stable. What apps do you use most? Some apps
*are known buggy, either innately, or in combination with others (esp.
*some interface enhancements).

Newt's Cape, newtVNC, Simple Mail, MPG, PMS, Paperboy, Hemlock, Time Reporter, Action Names, Spell box... Those are the main ones... I have other stuff frozen.

Thanks for the help!
Dave