Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac collections (was something to trade)

From: Grant [Smuggle] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 21:37:01 PDT

In a previous message, Laurent Daudelin typed vigorously:

>> Sigh. If only my basement (and garage, and off-site storage, and...)
>> collection was simply Macs and Newtons... I mustn't forget about the
>> GridPads and the Sun workstations, the SGI Iris 4D and the Lisas, the
>> NeXTstations and all the MagicCap handhelds...
>
>Lisas? Did I read that well, or is this a typo? These are very hard to come
>by these days. I was checking the vintage section of eBay this week and
>there was one going on for $3600!!!

Indeed, you read that correctly. I have two Lisa 2 machines, both of
which need a quite bit of tender loving care. I bought them each for a
few hundred dollars, with the intention of restoring them. Right now, I
get startup screens, but the hard drives won't boot and the floppies too
sticky to read disks. Plus, I only have one keyboard between them. I
dearly love those Lisa keyboards... they're beefy enough to be a wheel
chock for a five-ton truck and they use a 1/4" headphone plugs to connect
to the CPU.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/