Re: [NTLK] 9-11-01

From: Sharon Stewart (sharon_at_stewartcentral.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 11:22:56 PDT

I've only posted once, but I read newtontalk every day. I appreciate the
sentiment in your post, and your desire to honor those that have died or
have suffered, but I think that silencing communication is probably not
the best way to commemorate that awful date.

This list truly seems to be "friends all around the world." What a
wonderful show of how things should be, especially tomorrow of all days.

I'm one of the lucky ones--my husband worked in tower one and was able
to make it home that night. One of the memories I'm struck by is the
lack of communication on that day--wondering if my husband was fine,
sitting with friends who were trying to get word on their loved ones.
The thought of sitting in silence tomorrow truly brings tears to my
eyes.

Just my two cents.

Sharon Stewart