Re: [NTLK] need help w/deleting classroom applications on eMate, and more...

From: Walter Remson (w.remson_at_att.net)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 20:51:07 PDT

This reply maybe a little late. But I thought I would try and bring some
clarity to some of these questions. Firts the eMate does have a slot to
hold 2 PC-Cards, the problem is there is one 1 connection for 1 PC-Card in
this slot. Also the type of PC-cards that the Newton units can use are only
PCMCIA Type 1 and PCMCIA Type 2. The thicker type PC-Card are PCMCIA Type
3, which are usally small hard drives for laptop computers. AS for addition
memory, your only luck in obtaining this type of memory is find someone
with an eMate that nolonger works with the memory still inside or another
memory upgrade eMate. This type of memory is nolonger available from
anyone, simiply becaue it is nolonger manufactured (low demand and no
further grow for demand:-().