Re: [NTLK] need help w/deleting classroom applications on eMate, and more...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 18:14:00 PDT

on 05/09/02 20:35, M. Kadison at m.kadison_at_mimarchitect.com wrote:

> Is NetHopper or NewtsCape capable of opening web based email? If so, then
> having that or NewtsCape instead of SimpleMail would make more sense,
> especially if one has an ethernet modem connection to the web.

It depends on the web mail system. I know that Hotmail or Yahoo mail won't
work on either Newtscape or NetHopper. Most systems won't work on NetHopper
because it doesn't support 'cookies'.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).