Re: [NTLK] Emulation on newt / Newton Programming is a PAIN!

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 07:38:26 PDT

How about STELLA/Atari 2600 emulation?

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Eagan Rackley [mailto:jrackley_at_electronicbingo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 8:49 PM
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Subject: [NTLK] Emulation on newt / Newton Programming is a PAIN!

(SNIP)

I'm just curious, but is there any interest for more games on the
newton? I am torn between gameboy emulation (which is great since it
doesn't use more colors than the newt has available, and was my 1st
intention), and PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 emulation (because I am
intimately familiar with the inner workings of this system, (and all of
its display information is based off of 4bit data, which could convert
nicely with a few palette hacks)).

I think anything I tried to emulate would have to be from the 8bit
console generation. What do you guys think? Any requests?