Re: [NTLK] erasing data and packages from cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 07:35:45 PDT

On 05/09/02 09:19, "John and Tammy Webb" <jntwebb_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I am having trouble figuring out how to erase specific data and/or packages
> from my Newton's memory cards. I checked through FAQ but either I am not
> patient , or intelligent enough to find it. Now that I have pleaded a case
> with ignorance, can anyone point me in the right direction...and no, pointing
> at me and snickering doesn't count!

Open Extras. Locate the package you want to delete. Scrub the pen over it
like you would do to erase text. Tap the "OK" button when asked to confirm
you want to delete that package.

For storage, again, in Extras, tap the title of the Extras' window. Select
"Storage" from the popup menu that will appear. Again, scrub over any
storage icon you want to delete. Confirm the deletion. An alternative way of
deleting is to tap on one icon and hold the pen down until you hear the
screeching noise. Or, if you need to select multiple icons, put the pen in
between 2 icons. Hold it down until you hear the screeching sound. Without
lifting the pen, move the pen over the icons you want to select. Lift the
pen then go to the routing menu (the one in the lower right section of the
screen, with a small envelope), select "Delete" from the menu. All of the
above is for the icon view. You can switch Extras to a list view by tapping
the large dot next to the up and down arrows, in the button bar. When in
list view, every item has a checkbox to the left. Just check the items you
want to delete and go to the routing menu.

-Laurent.

Green's Theorem prov.: [TMRC] For any story, in any group of people there
will be at least one person who has not heard the story. A refinement of the
theorem states that there will be exactly one person (if there were more
than one, it wouldn't be as bad to re-tell the story). [The name of this
theorem is a play on a fundamental theorem in calculus. --ESR]