Re: [NTLK] [SURVEY] Gauge of Community Interest

From: Daedalus (daedalus1_at_telocity.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 19:48:25 PDT

Hi Brad,

I am very interested in your project. I think any lack of interest right =
now might be because there's seemingly very little a user can do with your =
stuff right now. In other words, there's no way (or at least no obvious =
way--if I'm wrong please correct me!) for a Newton user to "convert" a =
personal short movie clip into NMP format. Something like that would be =
extremely useful. As it is now, you have a couple movies up that we can =
download (which is a cool proof of concept, don't get me wrong!), but =
there's not much more people can do to interact with your software.

I'm not complaining about any of your work, of course--it really is =
amazing--I can imagine how much work you've put into this system, and how =
much more you could do with it. I just think you'd see a lot more active =
interest if users could actually use the software in a constructive way =
themselves.

My vote is keep working on it if you have the time!

--Daedalus
http://www.digitalinkwell.net/