Re: [NTLK] Jaguar and NCU?

From: Andre Beckedorf (Newton_at_Beckedorf.net)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 19:35:50 PDT

Hi,

i just had the same problem getting my Avaya WLAN card to work.
Apple changed quite a lot in Jaguar. You can not control AppleTalk and
TCP/IP via Classic Mode as you could in 10.1. As off Jaguar everything is
set by MacOS X.
So, here is how I managed to get an AppleTalk session:

On your Newton: Open Dock -> Connect via AppleTalk -> Connect to: Other
Computer
Your Newton will now look for other computers on your network. AppleTalk in
Classic mode only works in Jaguar, if the network connection is established.
Because your Newton is querying for other computers on the LAN your network
adapter is switched on.
Now start NCU and make sure, that AppleTalk is enabled in "Choose"
(Apple-Menu). Also check, whether AppleTalk is enabled in MacOS X for the
specific Network card (Settings -> Network).
By now, your Newton should have found your Mac...

I don't know, if this will help for normal ethernet usage, but it definitely
works for my wireless LAN connection.

Best regards,
Andre Beckedorf