Re: [NTLK] VNC at driver level?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 12:19:22 EST

À (At) 11:49 -0500 28/10/02, Trent Tuggle écrivait (wrote) :
>Would it be possible to write a C++ object to make NIE data exchange
>easier/faster for binary data? Kind of a better/more effecient wrapper
>for socket communications?

This is not only possible but it was done within Waba (but there is
no NewtonScript interface)
I've vaguely started something to make this available within
NewtonScript. I might resurrect this project when I'll be too tired
of the MAD Max streaming bad sound quality.

However, please note that NewtonOS communication system is based on
the endpoint paradigm, like OpenTransport (XTI standard), not the
socket paradigm (historically coming from BSD).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/